Member for Narracan has congratulated 9 local kindergartens who will receive funding for Minor Information Technology upgrades & one which will receive a Minor Infrastructure Refurbishment Grant.
The successful local kindergartens include;
- Goodstart Drouin – $1,500
- Drouin Kindergarten – $1,500
- Oak Street Kindergarten – $1,500
- Longwarry Preschool – $1,037
- Goodstart Warragul (Burke St) – $1,500
- Goodstart Warragul (Sutton St) – $1,500
- St Andrews UnitingCare Kindergarten – $1,419
- Grace Berglund Kindergarten – $1,083
- Warragul Community Pre School – $785
“Funding for IT projects in local kindergartens help improve productivity outcomes for kinder staff and assist with better delivery of programs and services,” Mr Blackwood said.
“Many kindergartens often run fundraisers and community programs to raise money for assets including IT infrastructure and the support received from parents and the community is very helpful.
Drouin Goodstart Early Learning in Drouin will also receive $10,000 from the Minor Infrastructure Refurbishment Grants program.
Mr Blackwood said it was disappointing that not one kindergarten in Narracan received funding from the Minor Infrastructure Expansion Grant program.
“Our local communities are continuing to grow and with many young families moving to the Narracan electorate it is important kindergarten infrastructure keeps pace with the growth.
“It is great to see Drouin Goodstart Early Learning receive a refurbishment grant but it is not good enough for only one local kindergarten to receive funding.
“$2.6 million has been allocated by the Andrews Government in this announcement with only $21,824 delivered here in Narracan. That’s just 0.84% of today’s announcement,” said Mr Blackwood.
In contrast to today’s announcement the Victorian Coalition in Government delivered major early education projects including;
- Drouin Kinder Early Learning Centre – $650,000
- Warragul Community Pre School – $300,000
- Oak Street Kindergarten Drouin – $300,000
- Yarragon Pre School Capital Grant – $300,000
- Moe Children’s Hub (Moe South St Primary) – $1.1 million
- Minor Capital & IT projects of more than $45,000 from 2010 to 2014